Tuesday, November 02, 2004

We've Come To The Election Day

Ah, the above was a Duran Duran side project called Arcadia. I love the fact that their name sound like an 80s videogame machine. I think that Grace Jones sang backup vocals. It's definently no "Rio" or "Union Of The Snake." I have come to accept my blooming homosexuality when it comes to musical tastes and I have bought a Duran Duran best of and "Faith" by George Michael in the last month. They only came to a total of $4, which makes it OK in my book. For some reason, I dig synth pop. Christian gave me this album by Playgroup which is so fucking hot its ridiculous. It features the lead singer from Bikini Kill in a non-annoying way, and also Edwyn Collins from new wavers Orange Juice and the one of my fave 90's singles "A Girl Like You." Good stuff, good stuff. Oh, and in an essay about Gershwin in music appreciation, I dropped how Sublime samples Gershwin's "Summertime" on "Doin' Time." That songs a classic, yes I said it. A Sublime song is a classic.

No comments: