Friday, November 12, 2004

Everybody Knows It Hurts To Grow Up

Went out to Fridays tonight with Milla and Jeff A. Hill. Discussed how the Farm was a huge frat where all the old members are still welcome (except Pods and Schmitt) and they will always be Farmers. I cannot believe that it is Millas 22nd today. Seems like it was just yesterday we had 7th Grade Reading in the portable at Jackson Middle School. We got to wear our coats outside, and I remember his St.Louis Blues Starter Jacket and his big ass Sketchers and his No Fear shirts. Fucking 1995, what the hell? All about sports teams and the girls rocking the stupid CK shirts. Then came 8th grade German when my mom bought us all strudel and Milla called me fat. Then in '99 when we spoke over Dreamcast in the morning after the bus and Soul Calibur and how kickass Rancid was. I gave Milla a ride home from the first pepfest (along with Kyle Robert and a 14 year old Louwerse) and he in turn ordered me Punk O Rama 1 from Epitath. I think that since then we've probably been to about 50 concerts together, from that first Five Iron Frenzy show on Halloween '99 (has it been 5 years?). Holy shit, how time flies. Milla is now an adult, I will be so in 29 days, then Hill in January. It seems like I was 17 yesterday, and sometimes I wish that I was. We now cannot rely on the "Oh, I'm 21 excuse." Where are the others now? Louwerse is fucking married and Kyle is a lifer in the military (and Dustin is in the Navy). We lost Radam and Mike and all those guys, and many female friends along the way. Honestly, I don't know what I want to do with my life. I should be graduating this year like all of the others in my class, getting a job and whatnot. I think I'm gonna start a new excuse. It's called, "Oh, I'm 22. I can do this for another year." And I am gonna love that.

No comments: