Thursday, November 18, 2004

These Dreams Go On When I Close My Eyes

Lifes been pretty good lately. I have been getting enough sleep, so no depression or anything like that. Some of you might know, but the less sleep that I get the more down I get. So lately, yeah, no depression. The only bad thing is not going to enough class, because I have been a little ill lately. I hope its not mono again. Good lord, not mono. Otherwise, lots of work and playing tennis outside because it is still pretty damn nice out. I ate two different pizza buffets (Broadway and Godfathers) in the last few days, and enjoyed it a lot.

I have been having a lot of really strange thoughts lately. One was started by that Michael Nottington guy who posted the day after the election. He said that I should get involved in politics because of my views. I may take his suggestion. I have often wondered about what it would be like to run for some sort of office or council seat, and it may have to be done. I just do not know where I would fit in. I am obviously a Democrat, but I supported tearing down the apartments on Brooklyn Boulevard, which is a Republican stance. I guess that I would go more into the mold of my man, William Jefferson Clinton. A man who was moderate if there ever was one. I mean, not now. In a couple of years. The woman who won my district ran an auto parts store, so its not like you really need that much experience to be a state senator or a state rep. I know its crazy, but its a thought.

My other thoughts have involved women. I just have no interest in dating anyone seriously. I guess it is the lack of crushes and available women that are around. I finally am comfortable with the single life. Sure, it may have taken a year, but now I really think that I dig the fact that I do not have a significant other. Strangely enough, I miss the cuddling (and obviously the sex) but its something that I have come to grips with. My time will come. It does suck that I attend a University with extremely hot girls left and right. It is true that men put women into two groups when they first see them. It seems these days I put more in the "would" group than the "wouldn't" group. The less I get, the lower the standards are.

No comments: