Tuesday, November 09, 2004

One Glimpse Of An Ankle And I React Like It's 1805

I am in love. Her name is The Shins "Chutes Too Narrow". Now I know that that is a long name, but it is beautiful. Seriously, this CD is the best thing to come out in a long time. I bought it three months ago and I have played it nonstop since then. All the songs are so poppy yet seriously warped in a strange way under the melodies. It is so good. I recommend you download "Kissing The Lipless" and "So Says I" if you want to also know the truth. I'm feeling the mini revolution in music these days. The Roots put out a straightforward CD, Mos Def gets all experimental. De La cuts the skits and shortens the songs. Franz Ferdinand and The Killers bring back fey synths and quasi-disco. And Modest Mouse, the indie stalwarts, have a #1 modern rock single. Finally, something interesting these days.

No comments: