Thursday, December 30, 2004

A Simple Twist Of Fate

Really like the Bob Dylan "Blood On The Tracks" album I got for Christmas. The songs are so painful, so personal. It is like looking into someone's soul. I only own four Dylan albums, but all are fantastic affairs. Need to be a completist like I am with The Beatles, Bowie, and Elvis Costello from 1977-83. Also, "The Holy Bible" by Manic Street Preachers is really really fucking great. If you could imagine rock guitar soloing crossed with British hardcore style rants, you'd have this band. And they have a hook that says, "Tipper Gore was a friend of mine." Funny, and sorta punk, in a Joan Jett-producing-her-own-albums kinda way.

Worked sucked and blew today. I was scheduled 7:30 to 11:30 but ended up staying until 2:40 because everyone was sick. Dammit. Fortunately, it was slow.

Worst news ever is that Benchwarmer Bobs closed. I have probably eaten there 100 times in the 15 years it was open. The best bar food I have ever eaten in my life, period. The worst part is that my parents have a gift certificate to the place for $25 bucks. Dammit!! The Buffalo Chicken sandwich will be sorely missed. Jeff and I are in mourning. It must be hard for Jeff. First, his break with Cheapo, and now this. Hasn't he suffered enough?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can redeem that gift certificate at the coyote grill in brooklyn center - the owners of Benchwarmer Bobs put all of their money in that place. Evidently they stopped paying their bills and left their staff hanging - Paychecks even bounced.
I will miss their bar food too.