Friday, December 24, 2004

But Give The Man A Taste And He's Gone

For Nathan Andrew Heck:
Chicago style pizza is much better than anything that you can find here in the Twin Cities. The pizza at Luce or Davannis is best described as either Sicilian or New York Style, due to the flatness of the crust. The Chicago pizza is thick and has a flaky, almost pie-like crust. The cheese is thicker than most deep dish here, and the sauce is a bit darker (at least in my opinion). The pizza at Giordanos may have been the best thing that I have ever eaten, and other deep dish that I have had since tasted like shit in comparison. Davannis is too dry in their deep dish. The only thing I have ever had here that is comparable is probably the old school Green Mill (from the late 80s, not now.) The stuff at Old Chicago isn't even close. There are your differences.

3 comments:

ChristiaN said...

Fuck Chicago and it's ass..when I see the mutherfucker I"m a blast boom boom in it's head boom boom in it's back..just like that.

ChristiaN said...

Sorry doods but Rocky Roccoco kicks every pizzas ass.

Jake said...

Rocky Rococco is the cheesehead equivalent of Godfathers, which, despite my sometime dislike of the buffet, is good when you order it. Are you a dyed in the woll Packer Backer, Christian?