Wednesday, December 08, 2004

The Hardest Walk You Take Is From A To B To C

Last few days have sucked. Worked 12-8:30 yesterday and went crazy by the end of the shift. There was no reprieve. Well, I should say that only work has sucked. Everything else has been good. Bought Robert Johnson "King Of The Delta Blues Singers" and have been playing it nonstop. The original "Stop Breaking Down" is harder than the White Stripes version. Unfortunately, I stayed up watching some show on VH1 about being a dork in high school with a bunch of celebs on it. Funny enough, I still consider most of them dorks, such as Ben Stein and TESH! I fucking love TESH! The man wrote the NBC Basketball theme. TESH 4 LIFE!!!

On a non-TESH note, I actually agree with some of the Grammy nominations. Except that whole Ray Charles CD thing. Working at a Starbucks, I hear that crap all the time. I honestly believe that the majority of the people who bought that CD at my store had never ever heard "Hit The Road Jack" or "What I Say?" It's just like the coffee, its a status symbol. As my manager said the other day, all our coffee is is a status symbol and people are paying extra to have a cup with the siren logo on it. Oh well, it gets me real paid. But not paid enough to pay my Verizon bill on time. Dammit!!!

Here would be my nominees for album of the year, by the way:

Franz Ferdinand "Franz Ferdinand"
Green Day "American Idiot"
Prince "Musicology"
Mos Def "The New Danger"
Beastie Boys "To The 5 Burroughs"

Very disappointing to see that the Beasite Boys didn't get more love for releasing a politically charged classic this year. It wasn't their biggest seller, but come on. That is probably their second or third best CD.

No comments: