Thursday, December 09, 2004

My Girl Wants To Party All The Time, Party ALLLLLLLL The Time

When I was a little Jake, I thought that Eddie Murphy was singing "Potty". How stupid. Also, for some reason, that song and "All She Wants To Do Is Dance" by Don Henley are stuck together for me. My mom listened to a lot of KDWB and WLOL when I was a kid. I still remember Steve Cochran saying "Rock Steady" by the Whispers was #1 on the "Black Singles" chart. I always remember the song because of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles character. I always have weird memories about old 80s songs. I remember hearing "Don't Want To Fall In Love" by Jane Child on the way to a North Stars game in our Delta 88 and then writing the title down on a Transformers box because I hated it so much. That song is still so awful to this day.

But back to the party theme. This will probably be the last post before I turn 22 tomorrow night at midnight. Holy shit. Twenty-Two. Spelled out, it is long and scary. But I will face it head on, and I hope to graduate college by the time I am 24. Looks to be a reasonable goal. I will be celebrating my birthday with a dinner at Pizza Luce in either Uptown or Downtown. I haven't been in a while, and it is kind of a tradition. Call me for details. I am thinking around 6 or 7 because of the overnight on Saturday. Oh, and I am looking forward to the Farm meeting on Tuesday. I wonder what it is about? Possibly the stolen calcs? Or is it about some of our limited availabilities? We shall soon see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That dorky girl from Starbucks says have a great birthday and drink one for her. You're old!