Sunday, August 08, 2004

She Was The First She'll Be The Last... She Bangs The Drums

I just got done reading a top 100 albums list, and it got me to thinking: what are my top 100 albums? I guess it would take too long to order them and think about overall, so I think I am going to do a top 33 in 3 parts. The albums are in no particular order, seeing as how that would be too hard. I highlighted my favorite track off each album. Also, I am avoiding comps or best ofs unless they are so damn good they must be included. Enjoy!!!
JAKE EICKHOLTS TOP 100 ALBUMS (IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER)
1.Peal Jam-"Ten" Key Track: Oceans
2.Fountains Of Wayne-"Utopia Parkway" Key Track: Troubled Times
3.Deftones-"White Pony" Key Track:Teenager
4.Queens Of The Stone Age-"Rated "R"" Key Track: In The Fade
5.Elvis Costello-"This Years Model" Key Track:I Don't Want To Go To Chelsea
6.Van Halen I Key Track: Running With The Devil
7.Guns N' Roses-"Appetite For Destruction" Key Track: Sweet Child O Mine
8.Velvet underground-"Velvet Underground(The Second One)" Key Track:Candy Says
9.Outkast-"Aquemeni" Key Track: Spottiedottieopolicious
10.Stone Roses "S/T" Key Track: Fools Gold
11.Marvin Gaye-"Whats Going On?" Key Track:Mercy Mercy Me
12.Radiohead-"The Bends" Key Track:High and Dry
13.David Bowie-"The Rise and Fall Of Ziggy Stardust" Key Track:Suffragete City
14.Counting Crows-"August and Everything After" Key Track: Anna Begins
15.Ben Folds Five-"Whatever and Ever Amen" Key Track:Missing The War
16.Built To Spill-"There Is Nothing Wrong With Love" Key Track:Reasons
17.Pulp-"Different Class" Key Track:Disco 2000
18.Jay-Z "The Blueprint" Key Track:The Takeover
19.Weezer-"S/T" Key Track: No One Else
20.Prince-"Sign Of The Times" Key Track:Strange Relationship
21.Get Up Kids-"On A Wire" Key Track:Hannah Hold On
22.The Pouges-"Rum Sodomy and the Lash" Key Track:A Pair Of Brown Eyes
23.The Smiths-"Singles" Key Track:There Is A Light That Never Goes Out
24.Social Distortion-"S/T" Key Track: Story Of My Life
25.Ash-"Free All Angels" Key Track: Burn Baby Burn
26.Public Enemy- "It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back" Key Track: Rebel Without a Pause
27.The Clash-"London Calling" Key Track: Train In Vain
28.Refused-"The Shape Of Punk To Come" Key Track:New Noise
29.The Pixies-"Doolittle" Key Track:Here Comes Your Man
30.Bob Dylan-"Blonde On Blonde" Key Track: Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
31.The Beatles"The White Album" Key Track: Happiness Is A Warm Gun
32. The Strokes"Is This It" Key Track: The Modern Age
33. The White Stripes "White Blood Cells" Key Track:Fell In Love With A Girl

So there is the first part of my list, unlike Seanbaby, I will finish my shit.

No comments: