Friday, August 06, 2004

Fade Into You, Strange You Never Knew

Another day, another hellacious work experience. The eight hour day was killer enough, but to top it all off, the power went out at Starbucks. I Swiffer dusted everything in the store and drank coffee while the stupid housewives drove through confused that they couldn't drink iced venti non-fat lattes. The farm was just another joke day where we ate cake from Kwaamars boo.

I am really excited about the day tomorrow. I don't work and I will buy CDs and eat za until I burst. And the Chicago trip seems to be shaping up nicely. Plus, a Twins game in the evening (too bad its only the second one this year).

I have realized lately that I seem to want my life to shape up like a movie. I want the funny bits to happen, the stereotypical best friend to be there for me when I have lady problems, and me to finally get the girl at the end after overcoming adversity to the stirring notes of "Reasons" by Built To Spill. Does everyone feel like this? I mean, I actually visualize my life this way, like I am an outsider in my own life. Not in a bad way, mind you. From time to time grandiose thoughts run through my head that I am actually doing something that someone else would enjoy watching, like I could sell my life as a movie to others. Who would play me? I have no idea. I would get Haley Joel Osment for Quade, Kid Rock for Nate, Natasha Lyomme for Jody (not an exact look alike, but a weird redhead), and I think Ethan Hawke for Jeff. Ethan Hawke because they are both brooding. I could also use Eugene Levy because he adds needed comedic punch and has the catepillars to match JAH. Cody would be played by a non-SAG Mexican guy (or Vin Diesel), and Milla would be played by some art house French guy who ripped it up at Cannes. Nick would be played by Serj from System of a Down. John Cusack would need to make an appearance somehow because my movie would be a classic if he appeared. I can't really think of any other actors to play Pete, Christian or any other farmers. The movie would have a nice happy tied together ending, something my life cannot have because it cannot be summed up in two hours. Damn, if it were only a movie.

No comments: