Monday, August 23, 2004

Close Your Eyes And It's Past, Story Of My Life

Today was hell at work, as the rush of idiots ordering Frapps never stopped. Fortunately, Ken Speake of KARE 11 came in and ordered a Mocha Frapp. That man is a mountain, intimidating for a 60-something.

Tonight I was just thinking about fate and whatnot. I believe in fate, although most of you out there tell me you don't. Some I know believe that God plays a role in who we meet and what we do, and I beg to differ. It seems that everyone who comes into our lives and touches some basic nerve is meant to do that for some reason. Sure, many say that the idea of soul mates is absurd and that the only way we find friendships is based on proximity, but I do not like this explanation. Proximity to kids in my neighborhood allowed for me to play some fun games as a kid, but I don't talk to anyone from those days. Strangely, I met most of my good friends in junior high, although at the time I was not close to them.

I think that you meet people for a reason. It always seems that I meet new people right around the time that I am most low. Except for women, who I meet at the wrong time almost exclusively. All the women that I meet that I want to date have boyfriends, have man drama or are interested in someone else. Quite honestly, I think that I have met only two or three girls that I have ever found attractive on a physical and mental level. Most of the time its either friends or just some hot girl. Of course, I never say anything to the girl that I am attracted to, with the exception of Jody, and that was almost too late. I always think of the most poetic, great things to say but cannot voice them because they would sound corny. It is something I have to work on so I don't let what could be not be due to cowardice. I also need to stop looking and then maybe my dream woman will come. Fate brought me to this point, and I can't wait to see where fate brings me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That shits deep- J.A. Hill

Jake said...

I feel that there is some sort of invisible string that leads us along, takes us to places. I believe that we act when we get in that place (or don't act). I, for one, have not acted as I should have in a few ways.