Saturday, May 28, 2005

What Women Do

I was so fucking bored today that I watched Pretty Woman after my daily siesta. That movie is better the 12th time.

The new Common album is really good. I mean, I was skeptical because I didn't go head over heels for Electric Circus. I mean, I liked Electric Circus (The New Age with the chick from Stereolab and Come Close are the shit) but I loved Like Water For Chocolate. I would work out to that album and get really pumped when The 6th Sense would come on. The Light is one of my favorite singles EVER so I had really high expectations for Electric Circus that were not met.

Its sad though that Be probably won't get much airplay or sell well, even though Kanye is on it. The Food could be a huge hit (even if it is "live"). I think that it is a matter of marketing. Hell, anything Kanye touches turns to gold. We sell the John Legend CD at Starbucks, and housewives come in and buy that shit. If the Common CD was marketed better, then I think that he could be the next big thing. But we all know that good shit doesn't mean sales. Look at Kings Of Leon for that. Or the fact that Plastic Ono Band by Lennon is only certified gold. That shit should be taught in schools it's so powerful.

No comments: