Saturday, May 14, 2005

Night Drive

I have been in one hell of a funk for the last week, and today was a great snap out of it day. First, I got my 12 page paper back and I got 97 out of 100 and a good job from the TA. Then, I had a burrito at Qdoba which put the pretender Chipotle to same. Then I saw "Kingdom Of Heaven" a movie that had it's moments but overall wasn't a brilliant film. Then I slept for a spell and listened to They Might Be Giants greatest hits. After all this, I drove out to Plymouth to have a few beers with co-workers at Old Chicago. It was a good time, and then the best part of my day happened. I got lost. I wound up in Hamel, then Medina. I usually freak out when I do this, but I put on a CD mix I made a while back and decided to, as Supertramp would say, take the long way home. I passed through Corcrahn and what I assume was Rush Creek golf course, then Dayton and then finally I found out where I was. I was pumped to just drive. I thought about just going all night because it felt so good. I recommend this for anyone who needs to do some thinking or whatnot. This was the first time I night drove out of wonder and not anger or frustration. It was magical.

No comments: