Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Fighting Men, Brave and True

Memorial Day is kind of a quasi holiday these days. Everything is open and nothing is really celebrated. Until now, I thought of nothing involving my grandfather (who was in the Marines at Midway in WW II) or any other military personnel or fallen heroes. I don't know. Holidays have lost their punch for me as I get older. I don't really have a care for them, quite honestly. I have worked every national holiday for the last two years, and I think that has killed my spirit somewhat. So instead of celebrating with fireworks, I played Mortal Kombat for SNES and listened to "The Smiths" and "The Joshua Tree." I guess I should have listened to "The Ballad Of The Green Berets" or Cheap Trick or something more All-American.

Oh, and I fucking hate My Chemical Romance. Not the music (which is nothing more than emo-Queen). I hate the fucking image. The whole Nightmare Before Christmas meets Kabuki bullshit just screams gimmick. Where are the fucking artists who don't give a fuck? You know that DLR was nuts and that shone through. DLR didn't need facepaint. All that motherfucker needed was a cocaine carrying midget and a pint of Jack for a good show.

I'm jonesin for more Episode III. I haven't seen it for like a week, and I need it again. I NEED IT! And I think that Mr and Mrs Smith doesn't look all that bad. I thought that the whole Angelina/Brad thing might piss me off, but damn. I didn't used to think she looked fantastic like in this movie. Holy fuck. Vince Vaughn is the truth. And one more shout out to Brad Pitt. Shit, I would like to trade in the Bentley for a Rolls too man. How long can he keep doing that?

No comments: