Friday, September 17, 2004

What Have I, What Have I, What Have I, What Have I Done To Deserve This?

Been sick as a motherfucker today, snot pouring out my nose and my head on fire and my eyes too bloody to see. But I will stop quoting Billy Joel and get on with my jorunal entry. School only made me sicker, as we had to cross polenate plants in Bio Lab today. The CDs of my annual campus walk were "Letters" by Butch Walker and "The Queen Is Dead" by the Smiths. I love the Smiths. The meloncholy really fits well with my long walk. Its funny, I feel like such an outsider with my headphones on. Butch is just a quality songwriter who has written some of the most catchy pop rock of the last ten years. I am so pumped that Christian borrowed me the Faces greatest hits, as I have been interested in them for the last year and haven't heard much. I am really into "Double Nickels on The Dime" by The Minutemen lately. The CD takes some time to grow on you, but once it does... BAM!! The work at the farm has been kind of fun lately, which is so different from the last two years. The young turks are ligtening the mood, and that is a huge relief for a job that was starting to feel like a descent into hell due to the negativity of the higher ups. It seems that all my crew is hooking up with ladies. Rumor has it that C.B.S has a ladyfriend that none of his non-Steve Miller boys knew about. Me, I'm always pining for the one perfect lady that will be the one to pursue me. Have I met the perfect lady and I didnt know it and let her get away? Or did I meet a good one and not act? I think its the latter. I did date a great one for two years, but there was a lot of little personallity differences that make us work better as friends. Jody and I did not have as much musically in common as some girls that I have met recently. God knows I tried to "convert" her to my style of music, but she was just too stubbron. I don't know why I place such a high emphasis on music. It's like a barometer of what I think of a person in some cases. If someones fave band is Saliva or Three Days Grace, then we gonna have problems.

1 comment:

ChristiaN said...

I met Mr. Stevens stella last night and she is a very nice person. I'm hiding my cell phone when I drink from now on.