Sunday, September 12, 2004

How Do You Break? And When Did Your Eyes Begin To Look Fake?

I bet my brothers that I could write an emo song pretty convincingly, and lo and behold, the first one turned out perfectly. Now, when I think about how shitty bands like Matchbook Romance and Lucky Boys Confusion are, I get pumped to write an emo song. Here is an effort called (Tonight) I Will Drive. Just picture Taking Back Sunday sing this shit.

Driving down 169
Through the glow of headlights
For a love that is not mine
Farther away from your heart

I still wish that you were mine
But I know this cannot be
Maybe in another time
I swear I'd make it right

Chorus:
I swear I'll make it true
I swear I'll give you all
I swear I'll make it right
Don't let me be alone TONIGHT!!!!

TONIGHT!!-If you'll listen I'll tell you
TONIGHT!!-Just hear it from my heart
TONIGHT!!-If you know it's true
Then swear you'll make it right
tonight

Between shit like this and that Slipknot video where that clown fucker wards off the Oddy-esque steakhead mooks with his bat, watching FUSE makes me want to kill. Except when they play Franz Ferdinand. That just makes me want to do lines of Peru off some supermodel's ass.

No comments: