Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Via Chicago

The Chicago trip was fantastic. Wrigley Field was to die for, and I cannot wait to go back next year. The pizza at Giordano's and the Chicago dogs at Portillo's were the best tasting things that I have ever had the pleasure of eating. The Subway and the Train System was fantastic and Minneapolis needs to do something similar to that so I don't have to drive to the U every day or ride the slow ass bus. My only complaint was the bums, who hounded us constantly. There was one bum, who shall be known as "Sire" who called us the "Four Horsemen of yore" and asked for money so he could have "food in his belly and shit in his drawers." It was classic. One bum was really pushy and asked me and Jeff for nine dollars and two of our Old Styles. Seeing the Married With Children fountain on the way in was brilliant, and the fact that we stayed right next to Millennium Park (which is really cool) made the trip. The walking around the city was really tough but cool. We were all too tired to party late at night, buy I did get to see the buildings that are on the cover of Wilco's "Yankee Hotel Foxtrot". The drive wasn't all that bad either. Madison is the biggest piece of crap city that I have ever set foot in, and the same goes for the whole state of Wisconsin. Overall, a great trip that I didn't think was ever going to happen. When it did happen, the cramming of everything into 48 hours made me very eager to go back next year.

No comments: