Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Don't Walk Away Boy

I found a few interesting things tonight. One was a mix of my favorite guilty pleasure songs from elementary school and junior high. The whole mix wasn't just guilty pleasure songs. A guilty pleasure song has to be something that has absolutely no artistic merit whatsoever. It also has to be lame and catchy. Some of the songs on the mix were "Don't Leave Me" by Blackstreet, "Don't Walk Away" by Jade, "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)" by The Proclaimers and "I Gotta Man" by Positive K. This song has to have the worst lyrics ever. EVER. One is "Are you some kind of Chef?/Cause you be feedin me soup." What the fuck does that mean? The most embarassing song on the mix has to be "All For Love" by Color Me Badd. This song is so lame, yet I love it. I have since I sat in my friends basement reading Beckett Football Card Monthly listening to it in 1992. I knew it was lame then, I know now. I just don't care.

The other thing that I "discovered" was Boston's self titled album. Every song on it is fucking classic. I remember them from listening to KQ with my dad as a kid. I have been bumping the pretentious cock rock these days. That and "A Night at the Opera" by Queen are the shit.

No comments: