Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Teach Your Children Well (aka Fuck You David Crosby, You Walrus Looking Hippie Bitch)

I have nailed it on the head, I have. I figured out why people in society are rude. Hear me out on this one. The reason is the parenting in the 1960's. Yep, that whole free love you are special line of bullshit is the reason people feel the need to talk on their cell phone while they are being helped by cashiers and for road rage. You see, the parents in the 60s and the 70s didn't want to raise their kids like their parents. So they told their kids that they were special and they hung on their every word. The problem was that these kids weren't special. They were just like everyone else who worked for a living and had crappy little homes in the suburbs. But they thought that they were special. That is why they treat everyone else like shit when they aren't helped and satisfied immeadietly. Everything is based on instant gratification. And the worse part is, it isn't going to get any better.

That is why I treat people who have shit jobs nicely if they are doing a good, honest job. I'm not talking about the shit hoppers who work at Wendy's (they just don't give a fuck and are almost as bad as the spoiled-yuppie offspring). I don't talk on my phone at the cash register and I realize that my ass is going to have to wait in line sometimes. And I tip well for good service. I leave nearly a dollar at coffee shops, and good tips when I go to restruants. I just wish others would do this as well.

No comments: