Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Where Were You When The World Stopped Turning?

Oh my God! I was reading this old Buddyhead gossip page from the Spring of 2001 and I came across this line:

The new Slayer comes out on Def Jam/Island on September 11. Someone is going to die on that day.

Yeah I know people say random shit like that all the time. This line just made the hairs on my arm stand up. How trivial the day September 11th was before the fact. How nothing involving that day beforehand was special. I think that the Twins played the Royals, or were supposed to. I had the day off at the farm, and I was going to go buy the new System Of A Down album that day. Instead, I drove my brother to school and then went and ate Taco Bell with Nick listening to the radio in shock. What a strange day. I bet everyone can remember every little detail from it though. Can you believe its almost been four years??

No comments: