Saturday, July 17, 2004

Don't Say Nuttin

Went on a quasi blind date thing last night, and it was so-so. The girl wasn't feeling me very much, I'm assuming because I am 4 years her junior. Not a big deal though. I wasn't expecting love at first sight or anything. After the evening ended, I went with Quade and Sir Jeff to Perkins and saw two drunk 17-year olds hiding from the cops. One bitched about how she didn't have a boyfriend while the other one started peeing by a tree. It was pretty surreal. What is the deal with girls wanting you to say they are pretty? I am so sick of girls looking for you to tell them that they are pretty. My dad said that they did that shit back in the day also. I need a girl with some self-confidence and grace, not this, "I'm so ugly" bullshit. 
 
In other news, the new Roots CD is freaking great. It's quite soulful and political. I was scared because a few reviews said that the CD was jammy and didn't have any hooks, but that it not true at all. This is probably the Roots CD with the most hooks that I have heard. I also like that the last track is kinda like "B-Boy Bouillabaisse" from Pauls Boutique, meaning that there are like three songs thrown together over the course of 15 minutes. It's a hot CD. Oh, and I am not going to trust reviews for a while because of it.

No comments: