Friday, April 01, 2005

More Sweet Than Bitter, Bitter Than Sweet

Went to Champps tonight expecting the greatest fries ever and ended up seeing some local band called Catchpenny. They were decent. They played a bunch of seventies rock songs and said that Big Head Todd and the Monsters were their idols. I'd put them below Hookers N'Blow and way above Toast and Stiffen. They weren't the Omega Men, though. Those guys opened for Stiffen and had a song about the lead singers dad dying of AIDS. You figure it would be a soft sad song, but it was a song with the hook, "Give A Shit/Take A Hit." Of course, it sucked Ass with a capital A.

I heard that Dominique Willkins will not make the Hall Of Fame. What a load of shit. That man was the truth. I remember when I was a little (like five) kid and I had Sports Illustrated posters on my wall. I got them from either Jenos or Tonys pizza. I had Michael Jordan doing an awesome dunk, Mark Price dribbling and Dominique doing a tomahawk. The man is #9 all time in scoring. What the hell?

Oh, also nice to see Bush comment right away on the death of Terry Schiavo today. You fucking asshole cowboy, you don't give any love to the Indians when they have a Columbine, yet a woman dies who has no effect outside of her own household and you jump all over it. I'm sorry to say that, but Terry Schiavo doesn't matter in the long run to anyone besides her immediate friends and family. Political whoring at its best. I hope for that family that her husband can finally go on with his life, and her parents get some closure and can actually deal with said closure instead of bickering.

One more thing. I think that the Pope is indestructable. Give the man his last rights and then he comes back yet again. Its a little scary to think though, the Pope has Parkinsons disease and so does my father. I hope to God that he never gets to that state where he cannot function, such as John Paul is in today.

No comments: