Monday, April 18, 2005

Terror Twilight

I saw some movie on AMC the other day where Charles Bronson was walking down the street gunning people down with a Gatling Gun that was being fed by some random guy. Then he was sitting in a house and randomly fired a bazooka into a street gang. I think it was like Death Wish 5, and it was the assiest thing ever. Now there is some movie on where he has a wolf and features Apollo Creede. What the hell?

I love twilight. It truly is the bewitching hour, as everything is bathed in such a glow that you cannot see bad, only the perfect in everything. I love everything about this time. It harkens back to days of hanging out under streetlights waiting for dark to play Ghost In The Graveyard or Flashlight Tag. And the smell is unbelievable. That fresh, cool air brings about buried memories. Most good, except for the time that Marc Yonkovic was paid by Jeremy Tovsen and Brian Starkovich to pee on me and then I went home, showered and watched Studs. Anyways, tonight at twilight staring across the Mississippi into downtown, I was at total peace with myself.

Big thanks to Quade for indirectly introducing me to The Decemberists. The best way to describe them is Death Cab for Homosexual Shins. One of the best CDs of 2005 so far. Nothing tops the mighty Kings of Leon, though.

No comments: