Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Like Nell Carter vs Karen Carpenter. Topless

The new Lyrics Born remix CD is fucking great! The remixes are about as good as the original songs, and the "I Changed My Mind" remixes are fantastic. How can you fuck up a song as good as that, though? I love the KRS-One appearance, and the Dan The Automator song is the best rap boast track in some time. Sample Stewart Smalley? Hot, hot hot! Thanks Jeff for introducing me, once again.

The new Ben Folds is a little melancholy for me on the first listen, especially after the three EPs were all pretty upbeat. And I adore "Rockin The Suburbs." That album gave me bad memories for the longest time. It came out during a weird time in my life, when I really had a crush on Jody but she didn't see it because of Ted. That bastard Ted loved that album, so I couldn't get into it. After Jody and I had dated for about a year, I could actually take it out and listen to it. The music on the new one is good, though. I guess I am more used to his smart ass side more than his reflective side. I have a feeling that this CD will be one of those ones that grows on me over time.

Today, I heard and saw these two idiot trucker hat shaggy hair cutted fucks sitting in the bathroom in Coffman talking about how they presented in front of their Bio class-drunk. They laughed about it and said, hheh, we are 19, water is good, so good. In that order. I have partied quite a bit and have gone to school hungover, but never drunk. And I wouldn't find it cool if I did. Excpet at North Hennepin. That school would be enhanced by a Captain Coke.

No comments: