Friday, June 11, 2004

Uh-Oh. Love Has Come To Town

What the fuck is going on? All the ESPN talking heads have started to move towards the Pistons bandwagon. Nice. I still stand behind my prediction of Pistons in 6, because after tonight, the Lakers showed that they have absolutely no heart.

I realized today that I have bought an average of three CDs a week for the last two months. I have a serious problem with the purchase of music. I haven't even really had time to give all my "preciouses" a good proper listen to. The worst part is that I will just keep buying them now that I am banking much more money than the lowly farm daze. It doesn't help when Jeff calls me and says "buy CDs" at least three times a week.

Out of the ones that I have recently bought, I am really feeling Todd Rundgrens "Something/Anything?" CD from the early 70's. It's a double disc set with a great mix of power pop and torchy-style ballads. Excellent. I also am feeling the two Talking Heads albums I bought recently (1977 and Stop Making Sense) especially Stop Making Sense. When the Tom Tom Club comes out to sing Genius Of Love, it kills. I am also looking forward to the release of the Killers new album, because their new single "Somebody Told Me" is new wave redux.

I also had a dream last night that Brian Eno from Roxy Music and I went swimming and he kept trying to have me fuck him. What the fuck? I think it had to do with all the femme Poncey pics I've seen of him, and all the Brian Eno solo and Roxy Music cuts I've been downloading. So tomorrow I may have to buy Enos glam opus "Here Come the Warm Jets".

No comments: