Friday, June 04, 2004

Jay Leno Head Bob

Today was an excellent day all around. I went clothes shopping for the first time in forever, and found a couple shirts for under $30. Then I went and frolfed with many of my cohorts and got spanked roundly because I suck and Quade, who usually carries the team, had an off day in the first game. But on the solo side I enjoyed an under par afternoon for the second game in a row. The biggest laugh had to be when Grabski got his Frisbee taken from him by the four year old in the Radio Flyer wagon. Watching Grabski run after the little kid yelling "Hey, that's my frisbee" was classic. The after frolf refreshments were to be had at Dairy Queen where we revived the old tradtion of sitting on the grassy knoll and chatting. Billy Jack Bitch also saw a few high school acquaintances. That will make for some fine gossip.

Seeing all the high school girls who worked at Dariy Queen remided me of how old I sometimes feel. The girls were all really YOUNG looking, and giggly. I guess being 21 isn't that old, but they just seemed to goofy and awkward compared to most of the girls that I know now. I remember being 16 and harboring crushes on girls that if I saw right now I'd probably want to slap into reality. The only similarity between then and now is the fact that I still can't ask the ladies out on dates. I guess the only thing that has changed is I'm more selective on the type of woman I like. Back in the day, any girl who was remotely attractive was "hot". Now, I'm pretty specific on my requirements on a lady. I guess that's a result of your hormones finally getting a bit under control.

No comments: