Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Yo, Dabba Wabba Gubba School This Mo'nan

Skipped class today to eat Broadway with Quade. Then I felt sick and ended up buying twenty bucks worth of magazines. Listened to Bob Dylan (John Wesley Harding) and Primal Scream (Vanishing Point). Then, I somehow dragged my ass out of bed to go to work for the four most pointless hours of my life. Didn't do much business, and felt generally worthless as I was stuck in the corner at drive thru. A regular brought up an interesting point though. We are paid to socialize with the customers, which I generally hate. But the interesting thing is is that the customers really don't like to socialize with us. We have become a comodity instead of the coffee shop. I honestly think that the majority of our customers view us a worse than scum, judging by the looks and such. It is really sad. When I go into a place, I at least treat the cashier with some respect. I turn off my cell phone, I don't make rude eye movements when they take too much time with the change. I think that our society has become incredibly rude in the last ten years with just common courtsey things. Its weird.

I also found a shitload of VCR tapes of stuff I taped off TV in junior high and high school. The high point has to be a tape with a bunch of videos and Senifeld and KARE 11 News. The intro to KARE 11 is straight out of "Anchorman." The commercials are fantastic. There is one for Subway (I think they pulled it soon after) where a woman has sex with a hot chicken sub. I can't beleieve that it ever got to the air. There are previews for the Usual Suspects and other movies. And the Seinfeld is a clip show. I don't know if it will even make the DVD for the 5th or 6th season, as they generally don't rerun clip shows. Fantastic stuff.

And the title of this entry is from Jesse Camps 1998 single "See You Around." He mumbles some nonsense about school before the first verse. I have almost bought this CD numerous times because it looks so ass.

No comments: