Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Takin Me Back To Find My Peace Of Mind

February, your name is spelled not like it sounds, kind of like Favre. I hate you.

Garth, I think that the above was a haiku.

School was fun today. I like German class quite a bit. I was also looking forward to a secret rendevous at the Purple Onion with Peter Harold Quist, but bastard didn't show. For shame. I had to drink an Irish Creme White Mocha and eat a hummus sammich all by my lonesome, with only my Ipod and the hipster hotties to comfort me. After all that I went and bought "Dog Man Star" by The (London) Suede and an awesome Bowie poster that is of the cover of "The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars." I also almost bought The Secret Machines. They are this band from Dallas that is really good and crazy in a kind of prog rock way. I also heard "Spiders (Kidsmoke)" by Wilco on 89.3 on the way home and they played all 10 minutes of the song. This station is unbelievable! Its like all my friends CD collections on one station.

I was also thinking about my life tonight. Right now, I am the happiest that I have ever been at any point since, well, ever. I am content with not having a girlfriend. I have some spending money. I go out and have a good time every time that I go out, where as before I felt clumsy and clausterphobic in public sometimes. My life is like a sitcom, kind of. And I wasn't charged for my cookie OR my soda at Perkins on Friday night. Everytime I step outside, I feel at total peace with myself and my surroundings. It is such a relief. I can appreciate the little things now, like the beauty of the lights of Downtown every night when I get out of class, or the way a beautiful girl walks. So Zen.

No comments: