Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Will You Be My Valentine, When I'm A World Away?

89.3 The Current played the best love songs of all time tonight, and I drove around alone listening to them. Heard "New Slang" by The Shins and got pumped, heard "The Luckiest" by Ben Folds and started crying, and heard "Love Will Tear Us Apart" by Joy Division and wanted to be Goth. I also heard some Lenoard Cohen finally and was intrigued, and I heard some Morphine song that rocked me hard called "A Good Woman Is Hard To Find." I was wondering where "Shake You Down" by Gregory Abbot and "I Don't Want To Fall In Love" by Jane Child were. I hope that they were burning in hell where they belong.

All the candy and the flowers seem so unnecessary and manufactured. I remember the first Valentines Day with Jody where I went the dozen roses/candy/mixtape route. I spent probably $120 dollars on the whole day and I was broke as a joke. I think if I had a woman today, I'd probably take her out to eat and then rent a movie or go for a drive, do something special. But instead, I bought the Arcade Fire CD and ate lunch with my lifemate Jeff. The CD and the lunch were both awesome, and thankfully I didn't have sex. It was a good day.

No comments: