Monday, January 03, 2005

You're 16, You're Beautiful. And You're Mine

Did Ringo ever sing anything with substance? I have decided wallowing in my dorkdom is the most soul satisfying thing to be had. I have put on my jammies every night after work for the last two weeks and played PS2 and watched DVDs. I am catching up to the rest of the world. And no, I haven't seen all of "The Goonies" yet. I am a lame ass. I suggest the slacker lifestlye to anyone who hasn't experienced it in a while. Do it, do it, do it til you're satisfied.

Anyways, I used my Best Buy cards that I got for Christmas this week to glorious result. I got the 70s Soul Experience boxset from Rhino, and it is fandango. It really surprised me that I knew so many of the songs but didn't know who the artist was. And some of the songs are so out of their element today. The song "Float On" by The Floaters needs to be heard. The singers all say their names and their signs before their verse. It's like, Jake. Sagitarius. Baby, I love you. Weird. Some real hidden gems on there though. I finished the cards off today and got EPMD "Strictly Business" and The Stooges "Raw Power," both of which I have wanted to pick up for a few years. Its sad, but I won't buy a CD most times unless it is used. I feel like I will find it used someday, so pass it up.

3 comments:

Jake said...

How the fuck do you know? I downloaded "I'm Housin" after I bought Rages cover album Senior year in high school. I downloaded other tracks about two years ago. So I have, in fact, wanted to buy it for about two years. Sorry to offend the thought police.

Jake said...

I have always loved the Rhino boxsets. I only wanted to get that one for about a year, as I was going to buy it with one of my first Starbucks checks. I became interested in rap around the end of senior year. I never hated everything to do with rap, just a lot of it at the time. I bought "Paid In Full" around October 2003, and I had downloaded some Eric B and Rakim and EPMD before that (including "I'm Housin" in 2001). As I have said many times, I never hated all rap, just a lot of it. I am very glad that my eyes have been opened to shit other than pop punk and metal. Also, it takes me a long time to buy new CDs. I have wanted to buy Wires "Pink Flag" since about 2002. I always put it off to buy used.

Jake said...

I also exaggerate a lot, so a year could be three weeks. I kind of trump up shit I say. Sorry.