Thursday, January 27, 2005

I Don't Remember Names, But I Remember Faces

I agree with Christians post. I couldnt name half the people in most of the new bands these days. I suppose that Prince and the Revolution benefited from "Purple Rain," but 99 percent of the American public can name the Beatles and the principles in the Stones. And I'm not sure why. Take The Shins. I love them, absolutely think that "Chutes Too Narrow" is one of the best albums that I have heard in the last five years. But I can't even name the lead singer. I can name three of the Strokes, two dudes from Interpol and the lead singer of the Killers. The last bands that I could name everyone in were probably Pearl Jam, Weezer and Nirvana because they maybe meant more to me than most. I fell in love with these groups when I was an early teen, and that is when you really start to identify with music. Also, theres a guy in Oasis named Bonehead. What a queer name.

I had a dream last night that Alex Steele and I sat on a couch and he told me that buying 3.2 beer was the way to go, he always shopped at Rainbow for his booze. Then he told me that they sold "Tyed To The Bedpost" mix. Strange shit.

I also think that this is pretty hilarious. I was watching "Apocalypse Now" last night and I got angry that Martin Sheen was going to bang this French chick. I think its due to the fact that its been awhile for me. Funny shit, when you start to hate other people in movies because they are getting lucky. Its a damn movie!!

No comments: