Thursday, January 06, 2005

You Dont Have To Watch Dynasty To Have An Attitude

My dad told me a funny story about going clubbing in the early 1980s tonight. He went to a club with his friend and went up to the DJ to request a song. He said that he requested the Doobie Brothers (his favorite band). His friend yelled at him and said, "Request shit like I did. I requested Mazerati." Who in the fuck requests Mazerati? Or the Doobie Brothers? I guess Prince offshoots were big in the clubs in the early 1980s.

1 comment:

ChristiaN said...

The song "100 MPH" by Mazarati would be a club classic in the 80's in my mind. But the funny thing is that's the one song Prince wrote for them. I got the 12 inch version on cd and Prince's version on cd. Most of the rest of the songs were written by Prince's bassist Brown Mark. They were on the Paisley Park label though.