Wednesday, January 26, 2005

An Ode To Eddie Money (aka "Take Me Home Tonight")

We need more rock stars like Eddie Money. Yes, I know that this is a bold statement, but come on. I like my rock stars either flamboyant as shit or not at all. But Eddie is different. He was a cop before becoming a "rocker". A NYC cop. As the Strokes say, "They ain't too smart." But I digress. Eddie looked like a 5th grade math teacher and only sang one of two kinds of songs. They were 1) Songs about travel (ie. "Two Tickets To Paradise," "I Wanna Go Back,") and 2) Songs about wanting to be loved (ie. "I Think I'm In Love," "I Want To Fall In Love.") Yes, Eddie didn't have much for the whole "writing with depth" thing, and he will never be mistaken for Dylan. But the man didn't write "P.I.M.P" or mindless trifle like that. His shit was HONEST! Honesty is a good quality I think. Plus, I would like to have a beer with Mr. Money sometime. I wonder if his hair is still feathered like on the cover of "Super Hits"?

No comments: