Wednesday, January 19, 2005

On My Way Nails Broke and Fell Into The Wishing Well

While listening to my IPod tonight, I heard "Rolodex Propaganda" by At The Drive In. That made me really really sad. I remember buying "Relationship Of Command" for seven bucks and playing it non stop senior year. The best album of 2000, hands down. It saddens me to think about what might have been. Sure, Sparta and The Mars Volta both kick ass, but what if they would have stayed together? They were just hitting their stride with that one. It makes one think. What if Rage hadn't broke up? All their albums are quality. Would the fifth album been as good? Or what if Axl wasn't such a fool and G n' R stayed together? "The Spaghetti Incident?" is surprisingly good, and it sounds like "Appetite." Any other bands who hung it up too soon? I would like to hear some other ones. Or bands that hung on too long (Motley Crue, Stones, etc).

No comments: