Sunday, October 14, 2007

I'm On Firah!

Yesterday was really kick ass. I thoroughly enjoy this weekend off thing, especially when it involves shopping for records and random shit all day because you have a bit of money. Here were my finds:

Dwight Twilley Band- "Sincerely". One of my favorite sub-genres of music is power pop, and this album is pretty much perfect power pop. They kind of sound like the Raspberries with more of a rhythm section. Too bad the CD costs like 30 bucks online

New Order- "Power, Corruption and Lies". Have this on CD. It will go nicely with my "Blue Monday" 12" from the original pressing.

CDs
Black Keys- "The Big Come Up"
Lifter Puller- "Fiestas and Fiascos" Craig Finn's (Hold Steady) first bands last CD. Really rare.
Tom Petty- "Wildflowers"
Old 97s- "Fight Songs"
Mark Lanegan Band- "Here Comes That Weird Chill"
Black Sheep- "A Sheep In Wolves Clothing"

Other:
A Jim Kleinsasser jersey for 2 bucks
A pair of pants for 6 bucks

All in all, a pretty grand old day. Plus, I went to Mayslacks and had a nice roast beef and a few Seven/Sevens. And Hookers and Blow played. Plus, I found out I'm going to VAN HALEN on the 24th. Good day indeed!

No comments: