Thursday, October 25, 2007

I Saw A Mobile Light Lookin For A Moonbeam

Last night, David Lee Roth was 20 feet from my person. It was the best night of my life. Van Halen fucking KILLED. Afterward, my friend said, "well, this is why kids like music from back in the day. Because it kick ass." Sure, DLR missed a few notes, but for not having preformed the anthems for almost 25 years he was "On Fire." Coincidentally, they played most of Van Halen 1(which is one of the top ten best albums-ever) and even busted out a personal fave("Everybody Wants Some!). Wolfie wasn't even that bad, although seeing the Secret Weapon would have made me spontaneously combust. Now, if only we could get the Beatles and Led Zeppelin to re-unite and come to MPLS...

PS-For a man whos diet from 1976-1987 consisted of Jack Daniels and mountains, literally mountains of cocaine, DLR looked fucking amazing. Along with Eddie. Oh, and I could give a shit about Alex sometimes. But still, I fucking saw Van Halen play with David Lee Roth. I saw "Dance The Night Away..."played 20 feet in front of me. I saw DLR wave big chains during the fight anthem "Unchained." Its like a dream.

No comments: