Thursday, October 04, 2007

And Look At Him Go And Look At Him Go...He Could...Go...All...THE...WAY!

Laaacck, Cub, Laaaack. Anyways, I have been really preoccupied with my move from hilljack Methlehem to Ramsey County(New Brighton, to be exact). I also put in 46 hours at the 'Bucks last week. But I'm coming back strong just like LL in '91.

I enjoyed my first evening off in some time that was not dominated by moving by purchasing a Dubby Chubby and a McChicken and watching a shit load of playoff baseball. The Cubs and the Angels looked like shit, and the Phils didn't show much fight. Here are my semi-annual picks for the 2007 postseason:

Rockies over Phillies in 4
The Phillies are who we thought they were! Oh, yeah. A bigger albatross hangs around the Fightin's neck because, unlike the Cubbies, the Phillies are cursed AND it is all because their fans are a bunch of Guido-lite pieces of shit. Plus, the Rockies are riding such a natural high right now that there is no way in hell they lose three of the next four.

Cubs over D-Backs in 5
I like Sweet Lou. Plus, the Backs are a bit young (but super talented). Funny Jake playoff related story: When Eric Byrnes was playing for the A's, I went to a game with Mr.Brandon Quade. We had seats about five rows up in left field, and I said to Brandon, "hey, what if I whipped a penny at Byrnes?" On cue, Byrnsie turned around and looked at me. Then, to top off the creepy vibe, HE DID IT AGAIN! Still, my interaction with the best player on the Backs will not let them take my NL squad.

Indians over Yankees in 4
My grandpa is 72 years old, and I think he's the fourth starter for the Yanks. Unless A-Rod blows up and hits .700 or something, I don't see the geriatric Yankees taking out the studs in the Indians lineup. Plus, Sabathia and Carmona make this a 2-0 series right off the bat.

Red Sox over Angels in 3
The Sox own the Angels. Period. Seeing Papi go yard tonight brought back memories of 2004. Shit, I'd be shocked if the Angels score five total runs in this series. Talk about bad luck-your two best players(not to mention Matthews Jr) suffer from injuries and one of those is PINK EYE? You aren't winning a playoff series.

ALCS
Red Sox over Indians in 6

NLCS
Cubs over Rockies in 7

World Series
Red Sox over Cubs in 5

I really feel this Red Sox team. I don't know why. Maybe its because this is the World Series we got fucked out of in 2003 and were subjected to the Marlins-Yankees snorefest. I don't know. I just really have a gut feeling about this one...

No comments: