Sunday, December 30, 2007

Last Night A DJ Saved My Life

Big Big Ups to Geoff Hill, who is at a Quietdrive VIP party. Jeff, when you're lost and you look you will find me, time after time...

The Pats went 16-0! That number looks fucking fake, because I have never seen it before. If all the sudden you told me that j**(8 was the next number after 5, I would have to believe you, because 16-0 is so fucking unreal.

So tonight I DJed my first wedding. It was the freaking time of my life. I mean, I'm not saying I am going to do this for a career (it helps when you know the bride and groom) but it was fantastic. And I learned a few things from the evening:

  • Women LOVE country. I mean, any fucking country music will do. I played "Hey Ya" and it gots no love. But throw on "Forever and Ever Amen" and watch the circle dancing commence.
  • The three biggest dance floor fillers of all time are 70s RnB, 80s Hair Metal, and 90s Gangsta Rap. I had one guy yell "Winger" at me for two hours before I could play "Miles Away" and another guy tell me to "play the gangsta shit" before I could bump "Nuttin But A 'G' Thang". Oh, and people go ape shit for MJ and Marvin still to this day.
  • Justin Timberlake got 50 people on the dance floor. But so did Prince. Uh-oh.
  • Finally, I want my first dance to be "When I Fall In Love With You It Will Be Forever" by Stevie Wonder if I ever get marriaged.

All in all, Josh and Holly had a wonderful reception. The food was top notch(steak with butter? brownie sundae instead of cake? Amazing!) and the drinks were stiff yet overpriced. A group of people did introduce me to the "Purple Rain" which is a Long Island Iced Tea with the Coke replaced with pomegranate liqueur. Excellent.

Oh, and the guy at the Kwik Trip topped my night perfectly when he asked if I just got off of work. I told him, no, I just got back from DJing a wedding. His stoner response was, "Ahhhh, did you get laid?" When I told him no, he just said, "Shiiiiiiiit."

No comments: