Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Went To A Party Last Saturday Night, Didn't Get Laid, Got In A Fight. Uh Huh, It Ain't No Big Thang

As the above post notes, I indeed go to a party last Saturday night. It was fun. I ate Tater Tots and drank screwdrivers until 5AM. I also played many jams, one of which was "I Was Made For Lovin You" by KISS. Everyone hated on it, except for me and Jeff Hill. I refered to it as "kissco" which seemed to make everyone else mad.

I did notice that the same thing happened to me at this specific party that happens at nearly every party that I have been to in the last five years. Everyone else concentrates on getting laid or passes out, and I end up talking about random, weird bullshit with someone I don't know that well. I have never quite figured out why I do this. Anyways, I thought about a list of the best bullshit convos that I have had at parties...EVER

-The 1980s Boston Celtics (Especially the '86 team). The guy I discussed this with also randomly said he'd kill me after I brought up the parquet floor.

-The availibility of the Rolling Stones CD "Goats Head Soup." Both me and the gentleman I discussed this with owned it on vinyl, but had only seen it on CD once.

-German "Big Brother." The girl that I discussed this with denied ever having the conversation at a later date. I know it happened, mainly because we also discussed "The Immaculate Collection" by Madonna.

-Pistol Pete Maravich and the dissappearance of Tube Socks in the modern NBA- I nicknamed some dude "Pistol Pete", which lead to a two hour discussion on NBA history. I also deemed it possible that I could beat anyone in the WNBA at a game of one-on-one (as did every other guy in the conversation).

-The "Dawson's Creek" episode where Dawson's dad dies eating ice cream and singing "Drift Away". I was told that at some point in this conversation, I screamed "Did Dawson ever get to make his movie?"

-The Pearl Jam Ten Club. Specifically, how I only obtained one single, even though I have been a member for three years.

-The 1986 New York Giants. Specifically, how Mark Bavaro and L.T. were the shit.

I'm sure theres more, but I can't recall. Maybe I need to try to get a little booty next time, instead of dwelling on 80s sports teams and music? Naw, I'm good.

No comments: