Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Tower Records Closing

So I guess all the Tower Records are closing. Thank God that MPLS has the Cheapo chain to bank on and we never got a major national record chain here. Well, we did have Musicland/Sam Goody, but even those two were owned by Minnesota companies. I can see why Tower is closing, due to the fact that nobody wants to buy $19 dollar CDs when they can get them at Target or Best Buy for $15 tops. Tower did have some deals, though. I went to one in Chicago a few months ago and got Love "Forever Changes" and The Kinks "Lola" for a total of 16 bucks. And they had a pretty kickass import section. Oh well, the only way I riot is if we lose CDs at major retailers and have to start buying this online bullshit. I'm sorry, but I enjoy physical product (artwork, liner notes, stickers, etc.) This "little picture on the screen" bullshit that Apple feeds us ain't going to cut it.

No comments: