Monday, October 09, 2006

I Am A Rock, I Am An IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIsland

So here I am, deep in the basement of Coffman Union, not wanting to type a German essay because I should have graduated this semester (goddamn CLA Language requirement). Oh well. I don't know if I have addressed the shittiness of the Twins postseason play yet, but here it is. We sucked. Really fucking bad. I cried at work on Friday watching the game. I really, truly believed that this was the YEAR, that the 06 squad was the team of destiny. How freaking wrong I was, I guess. The worst part of the playoffs so far was not the loss, but the fact that I cannot hate the A's. They seem like a bunch of dudes I would like to get plastered with. The best part is that the Yanks lost. That made me happy enough to almost forget the Twins loss. Here are my amatuer picks for the rest of the playoffs:

Tigers over A's in 6
The Tigers have more veteran leadership (Pudge, Odornez) and a pitching staff that held the Yankees (As good as Murderer's Row? BULLSHIT) to under 10 runs in a four game series. The A's have the Big Hurt and two starters with practically same name. And Zito got really lucky.

Mets over Cardinals in 5
The Cardinals have a rep for choking harder than Mama Cass. Well guess what? Ain't stopping this year. I don't see what the big deal with Chris Carpenter is, and Albert is not going to add up to Delgado, Wright and Beltran. The Mets made LA look like the choking bitches that they were, and they will do the same to STL.

WORLD SERIES
Mets in 6
This is the real team of destiny. The Mets beat the Tigers in every offensive category, and the young Tigers pitching staff is going to have to meltdown eventually. Plus, I don't want to see the depressed craphole of Detroit riot again. Go Mets!

No comments: