Thursday, December 29, 2005

Those Endless Summer Nights

Ah, Richard Fucking Marx. I forgot how much I secretly loved "Endless Summer Nights", "Satisfied", "Don't Mean Nothing", and "Right Here Waiting." The reason for this revelation is that I got the 80s boxset for Christmas. It is the shit. I love most of the Rhino boxsets (the 90s one is kinda weak) but this one brings back fine memories. I also got super fucking pumped about "Sailing" by Christopher Cross, "Everytime You Go Away" by Paul Young and "White Horse" by Laid Back.

Christmas otherwise kind of sucked. I worked both days, and it once again didn't feel like Christmas. I just kept humming the Lennon song "Happy Xmas (War is Over)" in my head, coming back to the "so this is Christmas?" line over and over. Hopefully New Years will be better. But I did recieve the Dylan Documentary on DVD (like Jesus telling his life story) and "Cash" by Johnny Cash (he gives fishing tips and tells how he wrote Folsom Prison!).

Heres my grades for Fall Semester. C, C-, C+, D. I worked way too much, went out on nights I should have studied (or read British music magazines) and also didn't really give two shits about my classes. Better luck next time.

No comments: