Monday, March 01, 2010

Spring All of Me

Quoth Homer Jay Simpson, "Lousy Smarch weather". I, for one, cannot wait for Spring to spring. Its a pretty magical time of the year, that Spring. I remember playing backyard baseball in February of 1991 (don't ask why) in 60 degree weather. Why in the hell can't we have that this year? Sure the sun feels nice, but I want it all!

Spring seems to be the time of the year when the entertainment industry comes out of its doldrums and releases some fi-ah. The spring of 1996 seems particularly vivid to me, as I can recall the videos for "Always Be My Baby" by Mariah Carey, "Big Me" by Foo Fighters and "1979" by the Smashing Pumpkins being on regularly. Unfortunately, I don't see "Blah Blah Blah" by Ke$ha an 3Oh!3 igniting my passions like those ditties did.

Oh well, at least we have "Hot Tub Time Machine" to look forward to. Cusack! The dude who plays Daryl on The Office! A Hottub! Magic I tells ya. Magic.

No comments: