Sunday, March 07, 2010

Oscars 2010: Ain't Nothin Else On

Sunday night is a depressing night for yours truly. It usually consists of laundry and being pissed I have to work the next day. Also, all the good stuff on TV is usually done by 7PM.

This Sunday features the Springtime rite of passage called The Oscars. I usually have the Oscars on in the background, sort of like I did with the Olympics. A quick glance is all it usually merits. For some reason, I actually have been watching the telecast this year.

My personal highlight is always the death montage. This year the producers uped the ante by having creepy old uncle type James Taylor sing "In My Life" while the pics of dead celebs fly by. The "holy shit" moment for me was seeing that Ron Silver died. I guess there won't be a Timecop 2 anytime soon. Oh, and also how creepy Macaualy Culkin looks. Its like that little bastard never aged, only grew a little taller.

PS-Cindy Crawford is now hawking clothes for JC Penny. I just want to say, she still looks smokin'. Prince, if you are reading this, I think its time to write a "Cindy C II" post haste.

No comments: