Saturday, February 16, 2008

Will You Be My Valentine, When I'm A World Away?

February 14th has come and gone, and good Lord am I a better person for it. For some reason, this Valentine's Day seemed way more hyped than my previous 24. Because of this, those with actual Valentines were ever more annoying, and those without were much more unhappy. I'm not sure why anyone would care about one day over all the others to say "I love you." I truly believe in Valentines Day being a Hallmark bullshit holiday.

That is why I treated V-Day like it was just another Thrusday. I went to Old Chi, played "Monday Morning" by Fleetwood Mac on the jukebox, drank some beers and went to Cheapo. The best part of my day wasn't some candy or a card, but the kickass bottle opener I got for reaching 40 beers on the Beer Tour. Personally, I haven't had a Valentine for 4 years. And I really don't give a flying fuck. It doesn't make me sad, or lonely, or pathetic.

And I know that my mommie will always be my Valentine. I even bet there's a Whitman's Sampler with my name on it waiting at my parents house right now.

No comments: