Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Suicidal Tendencies (T.O.?)

I was scanning the headlines on the major sports websites in my Media Graphics class (I even slack on homework outside of home!) when I saw that Terrell Owens, the obnoxious Cowboys reciever, supposedly tried to kill himself with an overdose of painkillers. First, my jaw dropped. Then I reacted in about the same way I can imagine everyone else did...yep, another publicity stunt. This guy will sink to just about any level to get the letters T and O onto SportsCenter. Remember when T.O. did sittups in his driveway because he hated Andy Reid? Or when he said he'd rather play with the Ol' Gunslinger Brett Favre instead of his own QB? I do, because ESPN covered that crap like it was the Kennedy Assassination, the Challenger Explosion and 9/11 all rolled into one. For his sake, I hope it really was a failed attempt, so he can get the help he needs. But T.O. really doesn't fit the I-Hate-Myself-And-I-Want-To-Die stereotpye now, does he? All I know is that SportsCenter is going to suck for the next three days.

No comments: