Friday, September 08, 2006

Write This Down

I will publish Chicago Day Three eventually. I just moved into a house without internets and hopefully the shitheads at Comcast will be coming out Monday so maybe then...

The new Killers song is the truth. I bought the first Killers CD back the day it came out (and played it at the first Sexy Party!) but I kind of thought that they became a little over hyped. But then the new song came out, AND W. Axl Rose introed them at the VMA's. If Axl told me drinking goat urine was cool, I would think about trying it. Oh, and the new song sounds like prime era Bruce. And it has cowbell. And the dudes grew weird beards. All this adds up to a hit in my book.

The VMAs was totally whack otherwise. Those friggin shit dandies Panic! At the Fallout Boy Chemical Romance Soundtrack won vid of the year for that "hey look! We're more kitsch than Liza in a bowling shirt!" piece of crap. Come on dudes, blowing glitter on each other and whispering "yes" is soooooo six months ago.

Also, every one was rocking dookie chains. Jeff Hill and I came up with the idea of re-introducing dookie chains about three months ago. Now its back, along with bandanas around the face. First off to all the d-bag asses who think this is cool: Joe Strummer did this in '79. And Joe Strummer is way more cool even in death than Lil' John or Skateboard P will ever hope to be. Stick to designing bomb ass Ice Creams Pharell and leave the dookie chains to fat suburban dudes. Second off, J-Timbo is now rocking a tie as a bandana around his face. What the hell is this? And yes, I do dig "Sexyback" for some primal reason.

Oh, and to countercombat the shitiness of new music, I have been bumping the new Dylan, the new Roots, Hall and Oates, and George Strait. Yes, George Strait. Got a problem with that?

No comments: