Thursday, March 30, 2006

Sussudio (An Appreciation)

I went through a dark period in my life over the last few years. A period where I denied my love for a balding little Limey singer. Mr Phil Collins, I am sorry. I truly do love your hammy rock songs and poingant balladry now. My friend Nick got me to come out of the P.C. closet. He took took me home (cause I didn't remember). I came to terms with this and had to purchase both Phil's "Hits" CD and the greatest hits of Genesis. The man had like 20 top ten songs in a ten year period between the two bands. EIGHT #1s, which gives him eight more than Springsteen, Dylan and Led Zeppelin combined. I thought he was all just about these two bwhemouths, but no. Phil was an easy lover, a gun for hire. He preformed on avant glam god Brian Enos solo albums AND on George Harrisons masterpiece "All Things Must Pass." He produced an ultimate slice of 80s cheese "I Know There's Something Going On" by Frida from ABBA, and he drummed with a reuniuted Led Zeppelin at Live Aid (I haven't seen that one, cause Zep won't release it because it blows, but hey, Zeppelin!). Oh, and he was the game show host on "Miami Vice." And he was in some movie called "Buster" that I haven't seen. If you forget that song from "Tarzan" that you hear at the dentists office, you realize that Phil was hot like fire for a very long period of time. I salute you, and I will always remember to watch others drown so I can exact revenge on them at one of my concerts later on. And I may go rent "Buster," but probably not.

No comments: