Friday, September 02, 2005

Blaze It Up/Fortuante Son

Been quite an interesting week. In the spirit of "I will try anything once" I went salsa dancing with some of my female co-workers on Wednesday night. Seeing as how I have danced like twice in my life, I still had fun. That was probably due to the large amount of mixed drinks that I consumed over the course of the evening. Oh, and I did actually dance, just not well. And I was finally let in on the mystery of the "black man handshake" (as Quade and Jeff have dubbed it). I failed, but the bouncer said that my white ass would get it someday.

Today I enjoyed some Broadway buffet, and then went blazer shopping. I feel the need for something in a pinstripe, I think black. The shitty thing is that all the places that I went had that bullshit "vintage cut" style that looks like a chick should wear it. I don't have the body of a male model, so I don't look good in a vintage cut. Gay. Anyways, I think that some more clothes shopping is in order next Friday. I have class, but fuck it. College is for skipping, idn't it?

I find the New Orleans situation much worse than 9/11, personally. The pictures coming out of that city are damn sad. The worst part is that the media is not handling it like 9/11. I think that it is the media bias toward minorities. The reason that 9/11 got so much coverage was, yes, due to the fact that it was done by evil. But most of the people killed were white and proffessional. Hurricane Katrina hit the poor parts of New Orleans worst, and the low-income people were the most affected. Plus, Cocksucker Bush doesn't have a "terr" to fight. My brother Jordan said that Bush will probably propose a war on storms next. He is so fucking stupid. I swear to god, open your fucking oil-filled wallet and donate, say, $10 million to relief efforts. I know that you have it, you can afford it. Instead of telling people to "hang in there" actually fucking do something, you ignorant son of a bitch.

No comments: