Sunday, October 04, 2009

No Surrender My Bobby Jean

What a freaking weekend...drunk bowling at Earle Brown Friday, record show/Twins game/Gaslight Anthem concert Saturday, and Twins game on TV/sandlot football today. I'm exhausted by my break.

The Gaslight Anthem show at the Cabooze was quite rockin'. The main opener was a band from Indiana called Death by Murder. They sang murder ballads and songs about Satan and had an electric cello which was pretty mint fly. Oh, and the lead singer kind of looked like Mose from The Office.

The Gaslight Anthem tore down the house with its blend of Springsteen, soul, and punk. No matter what song was played, the crowd sang along like it was a fucking Dashboard Confessional concert. Lead singer Brian Fallon gave a bunch of in-between song banter that didn't kill the mood (except for that of the drunken hot girls next to me who "came there to dance"). Seeing the crowd reaction to the way they tore through "The '59 Sound" and "Meet Me By The Rivers Edge" I thought to myself "these guys are gonna be huge soon." If Kings of Leon can put 10,000 asses in the seats at Target Center, I can't see why The Gaslight Anthem couldn't do the same.

No comments: